Thursday 6 November 2014

Healthy is Happy

"Mom.. Mom.. Where are you?!! See what I got from school today, Mom!!"
Roared my little brother - Kishan, and thundered past me in his eager search for mom, as I saw a blur of brown rush by, and a glint of gold in his hands as I moved past, to give way to the whirlwind that just swept past me.
Finally when our mother appeared out of the kitchen after she had made evening tea for the family and milk for us- she believes growing children need milk to gain strength (although she won't hear a word when I say my growing up years have long by gone and I now have a job in an MNC after graduating as an engineer), did the hullaballoo in the house die down. In his hands was a golden trophy (the size of an average mug) but for him it was "This huge trophy" (he's in the fourth grade) that he had won in the inter-house competition at his school. Apart from the joy that erupted from our grandparents who were so proud to have such a champ of a grandson, and dad who would come back home after work and say how his little boy was following his footsteps, mom was more observant of the brown mud stains covering his white uniform, which would be a botheration to her later. On further inquiry, he sheepishly agreed to have imitated his favorite foot ball star who does the knee-skate on the ground after scoring a goal, but in his case, he ended up skating on freshly wet earth as a result of the drizzle during the race. (Hero-worshiping does effect mothers in a very troublesome sort of way, I agree!) He flopped down on the sofa to elaborately explain his moments of victory- how close he came to nearly slipping down on the wet ground, how close his competitor-cum-best friend- Sahil nearly beat him to the finishing line, but had started sneezing towards the end of the race because of the rain, and thus he lost speed and how he- my brother, put on his full effort and ran and finally how he gained sweet victory. At the end, he dedicated his "amazing" victory to mom and added - "Thanks mom, it's because of you that I won. It's good you make me eat Dabur Chyawanprash everyday, and because of that, I did not sneeze during the race, or I would not have won!



Thus, a big Thank You DABUR CHYAWANPRASH from our whole family, for giving us such moments of joy to cherish in the victory of our loved little ones! :)




This post is written for the "A healthy child makes a happy Home" IndiBlogger Happy Hours contest. For more information, check https://www.liveveda.com/daburchyawanprash/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment